Tuesday 24 March 2009

Happy Birthday Helen

Into town yesterday to celebrate Helen's birthday by taking her out to lunch and delivering her presents. I was delighted to find one of Jane Brocket's pretty cards for her when I was in Darlington
and knitted her a pair of summer socks from the yarn I bought in France last year. Look, I now have my own labels and am able to write washing instructions and fibre information on the back.
Finally some nice smellies from Philosophy for her bath.We went to a new restaurant just across the Meadows from Helen's office in the development taking shape at the former Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. Its a busy place with leafy views out onto the Meadows and tempting views inside of the wonderful bakery products. Best of all they make excellent coffee, both delicious and beautiful, what more could we ask for.

5 comments:

  1. I've only recently discovered your lovely blog and have been catching up on earlier posts. Seems we were married at the same establishment (6 years in between) and, yes, it was a quick ceremony! I still live within sight of (well I can see it from down the road) Roseberry Topping (remember that?). Love those socks you create and wish I could fathom how to knit in the round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the socks - fab colours - but what I really do think is great are the labels - so much better than going through it verbally (and knowing that it will all be forgotten) or handing over a scruffy piece of paper. They really make the socks look toptastic.

    I'm also impressed by the coffee swirls - how do they do that, I wonder???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the leaf shaped design in the coffee.
    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I know I haven't been around much lately, but you know that it's my birthday soon too, right ;o) What a thoughtful friend you are!

    Is the new restaurant a Carluccios? Boy do I miss them..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful card - I drool over Jane's photography. It's so bright and cheery.

    Another great pair of socks and I love the fact you have labels for your handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete