Sunday 2 May 2021

Wisteria

At last my first wisteria is performing beautifully.   It’s huge, the flowers are almost half a metre long.  Waiting has never been my strong point but it’s true good things do come eventually.

The other one I have, a slightly more pink shade with smaller blossom is always a week or two behind which is good as it prolongs the season.  

I think we can say winter is definitely over as the first tomatoes are in the ground, only 4 but many more waiting to be planted out.   Even the weather is on our side. We had a week of heat, yesterday a day of rain, today the sun is back.  Now it takes me and Grigio quite a while to complete our daily inspection of garden growth, we can barely keep up.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely!
    Sadly, winter has returned to the north of England, hail this morning and a chilly breeze. Such a contrast to last spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a beautiful scented wisteria by our garden gate but not the slightest hint of a bud on it yet. I am going to take pleasure from yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful photos, so far we have only got the spring bulbs and forsythia flowering, although I did see a neighbour's magnolia putting on a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few flowers here but my weeds are going crazy! Have to get out more to pull them but I always have an excuse to put it off!
    Love your beautiful wisteria - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not even buds here in West Yorkshire. Last year we had lots then a sudden unexpected frost and killed them all off, fingers crossed for this year! Yours looks stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful Jenny, I would be stopping to admire it regularly if it was mine. It's nowhere near time for wisteria yet here, my tulips are currently being battered by wind and rain! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that wisteria is beautiful. I planted wisteria by my front door (to cover up an unsightly spot) and while it has grown every year I've yet to see it bloom. Fingers crossed as it is lovely isn't it!

    ReplyDelete