Friday 5 February 2021

You may have noticed

that recently some anonymous person put a rather unpleasant comment on my blog regarding my treatment of Enrico, the feral cat we took in a couple years ago.  It wasn’t even on the post which it criticised but on a non related one.    Said person obviously hadn’t read or chose to ignore the full story, accused me of abandoning the poor cat for 8 months.  Obviously the fact I also leave Grigio our other cat didn’t merit mention.

I am not deleting this comment, not defending myself or responding to it in any way, I am simply acknowledging it.   I know what happens to the cats, you may know too, while the situation sadly isn’t ideal that’s how it has to be, we all do our best, we survive. 

I know that other blogs I read occasionally get less than welcome responses, some have banned certain people from commenting, some moderate comments before they appear.  What the hell satisfaction these trolls, as apparently we call them, get from lurking around and being provocative I have no idea.   It seems to be a form of bullying.  Fortunately I am doing fine in semi lockdown and coping with isolation but imagine if I wasn’t.  I could be feeling depressed, anxious, frightened or alone and such public criticism would be very damaging to a vulnerable person.  This thought never crossed the small mind of my critic.  

My blog, apart from my many rants, will always be positive and never controversial.  Especially in these Covid times we need to be entertained, distracted, uplifted, to see a future and to support each other. I won’t try to influence how you live your life and will only give you edited glimpses into mine, my blog is my journal and it’s written as much for me as you.    Visitors and comments are very welcome here, I received some wonderful support after this incident, but if you are just looking for a fight it’s not going to happen, I am far too nice for that and so is Enrico, we’ll both take it lying down.



8 comments:

  1. And what a lovely photo of him - I expect he watches out for your returns and can't believe his luck to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally - you must be glad you stayed where you are this winter - the weather over the Dales is pretty miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that comment, some people are so rude. They have no idea of what you have done for all the cats. Ignore it! Fo sends Enrico a purr. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jenny,

    How unpleasant for you to have such a disturbing comment.

    It is difficult to understand why people do this since if there is something one disagrees with, just go elsewhere. Our motto is always that if one cannot say anything pleasant, then say nothing at all. And, somehow, when unkind comments are made in writing, they are even worse to bear. A permanent reminder of the unpleasantness whereas harsh words said can at least be lost in time.

    At the moment, giving joy is particularly important. It is reassuring that for you and for many other bloggers this is the goal. Have courage and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who comment in that way are so awful and it is because of them that my preference is to review all comments to my blog before they are posted. Just keep on doing what you are doing, cats and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jenny. By the way, Enrico is one beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I moderate comments but I don't get many trolls, mainly just the type who want to cast a spell and have my ex-husband come back to me. I'll kill the ba***ds if he does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful picture of him.

    ReplyDelete