Saturday 16 July 2022

Another day another invasion

The uprooting of plants in the garden and in pots is becoming a regular occurrence.

The second time my new kiwi was out of the ground MrFF put wire netting round it, this morning a hole had been dug under the wire but the culprit had not reached the plant.  More uprooting among the tomatoes, pots overturned in the front garden  and worst of all a large pot sitting at the back of the house was destroyed, this was a step too far.

Giovanni is having the same problem, he says the creatures are not interested in eating his flowers and herbs just in decimating them.  He sent a photo of his balcony with pots overturned and plants and soil pulled out. I know nature is having a hard time with the drought but there are dishes of water all round my garden for the cats and I regularly put out old cat food.  I am doing my best to provide but the animals just aren’t playing fair.  Don’t they watch David Attenborough, we are supposed to live in harmony.


Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. —Frank Lloyd Wright


3 comments:

  1. This must be vry frustrating for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing video - I've never seen so many bees on one blossom! Sorry you are being invaded by intruders. Hope the plants survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what is causing all the destruction?

    ReplyDelete