Wednesday 20 July 2022

A slightly happier morning

MrFF rigged up more motion sensor lighting last night and I put out my wildlife camera at the scene of yesterdays destruction.  This morning only 3 pots, all out of camera sight, had been emptied and I have a video of the culprit, which unfortunately I don’t have the equipment here to transfer onto the iPad.  It seems one single badger is causing all the mayhem, travelling all round the garden, last night it arrived on the lower terrace via the balcony. 

So not so much repotting and cleaning up this morning but more lighting to install.  

As well as bright lights being a deterrent to garden invaders, I read that male urine will keep badgers away.  I’ve been telling MrFF he drinks too much, not water we can never get enough of that.   Perhaps I was wrong and should encourage him to continue with the beer and wine he enjoys every evening then pee outside,  definitely worth a try in the pots though maybe not on the tomatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the drinking Mr FF - if it is anything like our temperature here you wil have no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested to hear if this solution is effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny Dukeshire24 July 2022 at 23:09

    What are the badgers looking for, do you know?

    ReplyDelete