Sunday 14 March 2021

Red again and a little blue

Last week our part of Lazio went from the lowest to the highest zone for covid restrictions, from tomorrow the whole of Lazio will be in this red zone until after Easter.  It’s hard to know exactly what the rules are, saying you should stay close to your home is open to interpretation.  It makes little difference to us as we live in isolation and shop for food once a week.  However the ongoing restrictions are illogically weighing on my mind.  I think we have convinced ourselves that spring is here and things will get better not worse, I tell myself to sit it out that little bit longer.  We have no need to return to the U.K., it doesn’t matter much if we cannot register our car with Italian plates for now and we will get our vaccines home or away.  In fact NHS phoned only last week to check that we are still abroad, that we will have the vaccines and tell us who we should phone to do so.  I am most impressed.

Mr FF continues his work in the garage, it’s impossible to be dust free though I shouldn’t worry too much about that as no one can come into our house to see it. Saturday we had the big unveil, the grotto is dismantled, the clean up has started.  The pipes will be boxed in and incorporated into storage.

The news last week was sad and depressing, not just the ever rising infection rates in Italy.   Ms Markle and her accusations, no I didn’t watch the interview, a young English woman walking home abducted and murdered by a policeman, the latter event putting the petulance of the former into context. Unilever are no longer to use the word normal to describe their toiletries, don’t ask me I am too old for this correctness.   Life as we know it, I think I’m allowed to be a little down at times but I soldier on.  Spring officially arrives on the mountainside in a week according to our friend Antonio, I can’t wait though actually I think it’s already here and it’s beautiful.







6 comments:

  1. I sense a certain amount of turmoil in your writing. We are the same, too many emotions all spinning around each other. We feel trapped and that no matter what we do for the welfare of ourselves and others, the outcome is way out of our control and our lives are not our own at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to add how much I envy your blue skies and sunshine. We have endless grey here in Derbyshire, with intermittent hints of spring.

      Delete
  2. I suspect we are all beginning to feel the same and events of the past week or so have just made us all think about what is really important (mainly amongst all things I would say the safety of women). Sadly we are not living in normal times. Your pictures of blossom have lifted my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a little bit of blue and blossom always makes the red and restrictions easier to manage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe and enjoy the signs of spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful view you have from your garden. Somehow knowing that spring is on its way "lightens the load" somewhat, doesn't it. Heck, if they'd told us this time last year we'd still be in the thick of things it would have been even more depressing. Hang in there, there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel (let's just hope it's not an express train coming from the other direction eh)!

    ReplyDelete