Sunday 31 August 2014

What a lot of stitches

Stash reduction continues, I have sold some yarn on ebay, given a lot to a charity knitter and seriously parred down my stock.  I've been knitting up this unknown yarn, that feels quite oily and a little harsh, using a free pattern Simple Lines.  I really don't like knitting on circular needles so I just kept going on the straight ones and ended up with more than 400 stitches.

I'm not exactly short of scarves and wraps, when walking round with the removals estimator I opened a drawer that was full of them but shifting these is the least of our worries. 


Knitting is keeping me sane, with less than four weeks to moving day I feel slightly sick but we have a few options now, we may have a plan soon. 




5 comments:

  1. Crikey, that is a lot of stitches! I like knitting on 'old fashioned' proper knitting needles too, but use circulars for ease when travelling. If it makes you feel any better, I had a whole packing box full of scarves, cowls and hats - you look a bit of a lightweight to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern and the colour are very pretty. I don't know how you managed to keep 400 stitches on straight needles, well done. I hope the move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I boxed up all my sewing stuff to move here,Malcolm finally got to see just how much I had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear there's a plan in the making. I've never tried circular needles, nor have I attempted to knit with 400 plus stitches. Think I'd have needed javelins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing amount of stitches for straight needles! I'd spend the whole time worrying I'd lose some. It's very pretty though, and like socks, you can't have too many scarves/cowls/shawls etc.

    ReplyDelete