Friday 15 February 2008

February Fiber Fest

I am currently working with some really luxurious yarns. First of all I just finished these socks using Araucania handpainted yarn, fabulous. The pattern is Hedra from Knitty.com
Then I started a pair of simple cabled socks from the Last Minute Gifts book using Jaeger dk with alpaca. The wool is so soft and cosy, the photograph is not good and doesn't do it justice.

and finally, drum roll, I have six balls of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran to knit a baby blanket.

The colour is light teal, its gorgeous and again a rubbish photograph. I am feeling dog tired today though obviously not too tired to knit and these yarns are a great comfort. I may never go back to cotton again but I will try to take some better photographs once I get my strength back.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me - I have a confession.... I still haven't washed the socks you made me for Christmas. I'm too scared I ruin them! They're getting a bit lived-in looking now and I'll have to bite the bullet soon. I've been wearing them as a kind of treat - to remind me of home and of you and Mr FF. I tend to sit on the big armchair with my feet on the ottoman and enjoy glancing at them now and then when I look up from my book. They make me smile :o) I suspect I should get out more!

    ReplyDelete