Wednesday 7 February 2024

Going out

Why is it such an effort to leave the penthouse, I practically have to push myself out of the door some days.  I know I feel so much better if I get some fresh air and unless we are knee deep is snow, which is forecast, or the pavements are very icy I take a daily walk but getting to the departure stage takes some doing.  It’s not as if I spend a lot of time preparing.  If it’s a brisk 6 mile walk I drag on some old running clothes, and since I haven’t run for many years they are very old.  If I am walking to town I pop a coat over my indoor cosies in the knowledge that I wont be stripping off in a changing room and the hope no one in the building will call me into their apartment for a cup of tea and expect me to take my coat off.

MrFF is much better at exiting the building than me.  Often after breakfast when I need a sit down with Wordle he’s off to the bus station with the intention of getting a bus out and walking back home.  Today he was walking to Bolton Abbey and getting a bus back, which will be lovely as it’s been a cold but beautifully sunny day.  He’s already sent photos for us all to enjoy.




I walked into town for a few veggies and found an originally expensive but somewhat shrunken pure merino cardigan in the charity shop.  Looking online it seems I will be able to unshrink with hair conditioner, I’ll let you know.  If that doesn’t work it’s still ok, I like 3/4 length sleeves and the body is just neat.

As I mentioned snow is forecast tomorrow, a great excuse to stay inside but I have a midday appointment at the optician so I will be going out and probably persuading MrFF to walk with me as I slither down the hill to town.  And I will dress properly as I will be taking my coat off.  


2 comments:

  1. You reminded me of my grandma. If we called to take her 'out for a ride', when I was young, she would take absolutely ages to get ready. She had to have her good underwear on, in case anything happened and she had to be seen by a doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is always ready for a walk, like you I'm a hermit at this time of year and in the summer months, I just don't want to leave our garden. I can always find something to do at home, not housework, crafting or reading.

    ReplyDelete