Wednesday 5 July 2023

Still here


The much improved patio is almost finished, the tiling has been handed over to the cleaner, me, with just some edging to sort.

The grand depart didn’t happen last weekend, MrFF still had (and always will have) things to do so he moved our leaving date until Wednesday. On Monday he said Wednesday was off and that we will leave on Sunday.  Of course I’d emptied the freezer and run down food stocks, now we live day to day with early evening walks to the village for essentials which is fine.

I had moved all the terrace pots ready to be collected and enjoyed over the summer by a friend, I’ve asked if I can keep them a little longer.  

MrFF just keeps finding jobs, I’d say his work life balance is wrong but there is precious little other than work and sleep.  So while I am disappointed, according to the first plan I’d be back in Yorkshire now, I am keeping calm and having a few quiet days knowing it’s pointless doing much more gardening or cleaning.  I am appreciating being here to see more of the my lovely flowers appear, enjoying a good book, the sun and the beauty around me.


We are eating dinner outside every night, loving the cool and the moonlight, it’s not a bad place to spend an extra week no more time with the cats.

There is little chance we won’t leave on Sunday because out hotel for the first night is booked and paid for, the Yorkshireman isn’t going to lose that money.  

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to leave on time...but your flowers are beautiful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily for you it is set to get a bit warmer by the week end - at present i am finding it very chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like "flexibility" should be your mantra at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the rain, you are better off where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your journey back to the UK is trouble-free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen Mathey-Horn7 July 2023 at 16:33

    That combination of glads and dahlias is wonderful. At least you have great weather.

    ReplyDelete