Saturday 6 May 2023

A day to remember

We were able to watch the coronation on the BBC though it was also broadcast on Italian stations.

I thought the event was magnificent, Charles and particularly Camilla looked tense at times, who wouldn’t balancing all that gold and assorted jewels on your head in front of the world.  Penny Mordaunt took a prominent and dignified role, she handled it like a professional.  Princess Anne was straight out of the abbey onto a horse to ride with the troops in her brother’s procession.  The pageantry was as always immaculate.  Job done.

My youngest grand niece Elodie and her family celebrated with a picnic in the garden, good for them. I hope Elodie and her sister Isla might remember this day as I remember the late Queen’s coronation, and I am so pleased the jumper I knitted continues to be worn especially on such a special day.



No comments:

Post a Comment