Monday 10 April 2023

Happy Easter

I haven’t spent Easter in Yorkshire for a while, not since the lockdown of 2020 so it’s been really nice though the weather has been variable.  There has been sitting out on the balcony, many hot cross buns and an egg as we’ve avoided the queues in Dover and the lack of water at our house.




This beauty was a gift from a friend, it’s from Betty’s and it’s flat as she thought if I was off to Italy it would be easier to transport.  I am looking forward to sampling it later tonight.  I’ve always saved my eggs until Easter Monday as it’s what we did as children, after we’d rolled our decorated boiled eggs down the local hill we broke into the chocolate ones.



I have also been getting excited about the interesting little daffodils coming out in my terrace pots.    I ordered only tete a tete but there are other more fancy ones appearing which is a nice surprise.  I’ve had a Google and I think this is Rip Van Winkle.    The first of the strangers to bloom has just been decapitated by a nasty storm and is now in a tiny vase on the dining table.  Such typical Easter weather, it always has to be horrid for the lambs and delicate blooms.

2 comments:

  1. Yum to the chocolate egg - it looks like dark chocolate which is my favourite. No daffodils here, and few other blooms out yet but they will come in the next two weeks, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice surprise with the daffs, I planted simple snowdrops, just a cheap pack last year and the most beautiful tall snowdrops appeared, total win.

    ReplyDelete