Friday 12 March 2010

Knitting now

I've been busy knitting a commission, not of the 45% kind in my previous post but a request from Pam to knit something for her husband's 70th birthday next week. She wanted a simple round necked jumper and chose the lovely Pure Border Leicester from Blacker design that I used a while back. As ever it was a joy to work with and kept me cosy and warm as it rested on my lap while I knit. I've also made a little present to complement the jumper which I'll give to Andrew next week with maybe a bottle of something nice. Apparently he's quite particular about his socks and usually wears plain subdued ones so it will be interesting to see his reaction. I wonder if he might wear them for his party a week on Saturday, more about that as it happens, Pam and Andrew's parties are legendary.
Pam called round to collect the jumper today and brought me this lovely little box of muscari, the grape hyacinth. They are sitting at the front door at the moment with a couple of pots of crocus all of which can be planted out into the garden later and should grow and increase over the years.
Now I'm knitting a little cardy for Amelia that is well on the way to being finished, I'm just itching to get back to socks and items for my stall in May but I'm also planning a sock related give away soon, watch this space.

19 comments:

  1. Such pretty grape hyacinths. I love their beautiful blue. We have quite a few in the garden usually. I think the socks will look great with that lovely jumper. Who could not want to put them on immediately! Have a good weekend. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take me 10 years to kna jumper!!! You are very clever. I for one am giddy at the prospect of a sock giveaway. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should say "knit"!!!! I'm having trouble with the laptop (and my brain/finger coordination - and Ive not had a drop yet!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely box of spring!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that Andrew likes his jumper. If I start knitting a jumper now I might just have it finished in time for husbands 70th in ten years time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't believe how fast and neat a knitter you are. I'm still trying to finish a cushion cover I started a year ago.

    That's beautiful looking wool that's knitted up lovely. Andrew will be well chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jumper looks great - you have such an even tension. I knitted the exact same pair of socks for a male friend, and he loved them! Enjoy the grape hyacinths!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucj nice jumper and beautiful plant, so bright.
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do admire your productivity. Nothing I attempt ever comes off the needles. I'm sure the birthday boy will love his sweater and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great jumpers! You knit so beautifully!

    Those Grape Hyacinths will spread like mad! We can't get rid of them now! (Not that I want to, you understand, just plant a few other things where they are!)

    If he doesn't like the socks, he should get out more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jumper and socks are wonderful, Jenny! Those striped socks will make for a surprise...maybe you'll convert him to striped socks only?! ;o) LOVE, love, love your spring flowers arrangement... *sigh*...spring is slowly coming! Happy Weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking at your beautiful knitting just reminds me how mundane my knitting is!! You are such a lovely neat knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely gifts. My favourites are the socks (I love stripy socks!) and the grape hyacinths. The jumper is lovely too of course, though plain and practical as I assume it suits the intended recipient. I wouldn't even embark on such a project, ahhh I wish I could already knit! I do hope he likes the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The grape hyacinths are lovely. I hope you're having as many sunny days as we are in London. Let's hope that's an end to the snow for this year! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a lovely jumper! I wish I was more tenacious with my knitting.. It has been so cold here all winter that all the shops are sold out of stocking size needles (this is not a figure of speech, they are literally all empty!). Thanks for giving a hint of spring with some flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your knitting is so impeccable, the stall in May will do very well with similar beautiful items. Hope the socks went down well with the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those socks! Just love them! Along with the others, I cannot get over the quality of your knitting. It is just soooo even......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny, I love the colors in your socks. So pretty. Thank you for all your recent kind comments on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful jumper, and so beautifully knitted too. Love the juxtaposition of the plain jumper and the really bright socks... I think they should be worn together at all times!

    ReplyDelete