You may recall that in August last year, his birthday month, MrFF took himself off to Wales to climb Mount Snowdon. He stayed overnight at a youth hostel and came home with an awful cold, at least his hike was successful.
This year he decided to tackle Scafell Pike, the highest point in England, not so far away in The Lake District. This time he booked himself into a decent hotel to enjoy after the climb so he left home at 6 am. I had a message at 9 am that he’d arrived safely and was just starting the walk. I heard nothing all day, I expected a photo from the top or at least confirmation he’d made it, silence until around 7 pm when he messaged that he was back at the hotel and rushing for dinner.
It had been a hard day and he’d had to beg a lift from some other walkers back to his hotel as he couldn’t face another 1.5 miles of road walking after all the rocks and boulders. However well rested next morning he could face a full English breakfast and spent a relaxing day in the Lakes, I got photos of both.



No comments:
Post a Comment