Saturday 27 July 2024

Whites and brights

My balcony troughs of white flowering plants are coming along nicely,  lots of buds to open and the campanula spreading out to cover the compost.

I am particularly taken with this delphinium which I think is Dark Bee.

I have always loved white flowers, they feel so calm and in the evenings take on a magical luminosity. All of which contrasts nicely with my love of bright clothing. I read somewhere that if you wear black you disappear so as I get older I don’t steer away from vivid colours.  This applies to my knitting too, I am currently using up oddments of sock yarn and enjoying sorting the various colours into some lively combinations, these are the current pair,  I have even brighter ones planned.


However sock knitting isn’t quite as calm as usual because I worry that I might not have enough yarn to make a matching pair or even finish a pair, which is silly.  I have plenty of leftover oddments and where did it say a pair have to match.

4 comments:

  1. I've gone for full colour in our garden this year, I do like white blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers...and yarn!
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I used to have a calm white patch in my garden until some yellow daffodils appeared and I swear I planted white narcissi bulbs. Your trough looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blooms. You are high up! You must have a great view of the surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete