Thursday 30 November 2023

Winter begins

We woke this morning to a covering of snow, winter seems to have arrived early this year.  Not my favourite season but it was such a bright white morning that I decided to embrace it.

The first snow of winter definitely required porridge for breakfast particularly as we had some cream in the fridge and maple syrup in the cupboard.   Usually I have my porridge plain or with a little fruit so this was a treat that set me up for the day.


I am currently considering wandering down to join the massive queue at the post office with an overseas parcel but there is plenty to keep me indoors. I continue  knitting away at the Estuary scarf, less than 100 rows to go, whilst also making fingerless gloves which require much less concentration.

Was it last year I said that if I started in the new year knitting one of these tiny sock decorations each week I would have 50 for Christmas.   Recently I decided that if I knit one a day in December I could have 24, it’s not yet December and I have 7, that’s possible enough I don’t want to exhaust this out of character seasonal enthusiasm.


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, maple syrup and cream, I will have to try that. I do like my porridge in the morning but not every morning. Love the tiny sock decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only had flutters down here in the south, but grandson was very excited. I eat porridge every morning, it's a brilliant breakfast. Love your knitting, I'm having a year off making gifts, which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have cream in my oatmeal...and I Love the knitting!! So Pretty!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started adding cream to my muesli, which worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown sugar and cream for me, thanks! lol
    Love the tiny socks!
    You can do it!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete