Saturday 25 November 2023

Count down to Christmas

Returning from Italy mid November to find the shops full of Christmas is always a shock and a wake up call too.  Our town Christmas light switch on takes place this afternoon, cue frantic shoppers made crazy by all the Christmas music and restaurants full of office parties.

So I thought I’d better make an effort. I’ve thought about our Christmas meal, I’ve thought about buying presents and I’ve thought we could maybe have a larger tree this year.  As if that isn’t enough I have also made our Christmas cake, safely wrapped and tucked away.  

I think there quite enough for now.  Oh yes and I’ve started eating mince pies.



3 comments:

  1. Our christmas cake is due it's 3rd drink of brandy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it'll taste wonderful!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks good, nobody in my family likes Xmas cake or pudding so I have bought a small pud for me!

    ReplyDelete