Saturday 2 September 2023

Separate Saturdays

Regularly on Saturday MrFF takes off for one of his group walks, sometimes starting in Ilkley which is convenient, sometimes from a location that he can access by public transport, both our bus and train station are less then 10 minutes walk away. Today the walk started at Gargrave on the very edge of the Yorkshire Dales which required him to drive.

The alarm went off at 6.40, he brought me a cup of tea, breakfasted alone and left at 7.40.  A lesser woman might have gone back to sleep but I was up, into my walking gear and completed 6 miles with 2 good climbs before coming home for a shower and breakfast. A bit of dorissing including washing the kitchen floor and I moved onto the sunny balcony.  

It was lovely out there with all my happy things and 21 degrees. I came inside to watch the final kilometres of the Vuelta a EspaƱa, and then sat out again till 6.30.  After my morning exercise I’ve had a lovely relaxing day.

MrFF walked 23miles, he took this photo of some hardy folk in Janets Foss.  Now he is in the shower, he’ll be sleep soon after dinner which means I won’t have to listening him moaning when I want to watch a double episode of Casualty.  Saturdays work well for both of us.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me - it has beena lovely day hasn't it? Remember if you ever fancy a day up my way do get in touch - we could meet at Tennants for lunch and you could come back here for coffee. Remember I don't drive any longer though so you would have to help me get there - but I only live a mile away from Tennants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have your lives well organized so both of you can enjoy your favourite activities. I would have been with you on the short walk and relaxing for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far too energetic for me, I do love a day at home alone, the peace is just so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 miles before breakfast made me realise that I’m probably the “lesser woman” you alluded to! The weather has been wonderful though and so good to spend it outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Panting now...lolol
    With hubby retired, I don't get much time alone, these days.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete