Friday 25 August 2023

The fun continues

Today MrFF is 75, that sounds old but obviously he isn’t.  

To celebrate we went out for lunch at the Boar’s Head in the pretty North Yorkshire village of Ripley, taking the scenic route over the River Wharf and across the moor.  The hotel is part of the estate of Ripley Castle, we took a walk round the periphery of the grounds before lunch. 




Lunch was delicious, we both had fish and chips with mushy peas and tartar sauce, eaten in a small and pretty dining room.  Our window table was ideal with a view down the Main Street as there was a wedding taking place at the castle and many of the guests had spent the night before 
in the hotel.  Sadly we didn’t see the bride arrive but the guests were very well turned out.

Here are views of the front and rear of the Boar’s Head, as well as smart dining there is a bar and outside tables mostly used by cyclists and walkers.



We had such large helpings that we couldn’t face dessert, however a stroll round the village settled our stomachs and we had ice cream from the Ripley ice cream shop, vanilla for the birthday boy lemon curd for me.  We chatted to a few holiday makers and a cyclist from our Ilkley club, it was a pleasant afternoon and we were home by 5.  Within a few minutes MrFF was fast asleep in his chair. Maybe he’s not as young as I thought.

5 comments:

  1. I. love Ripley - it is years since I ate at The Boar's Head Glad Mr FF enjoyed it - he earned his sleep. Wish him a Happy Birthday from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovethosecupcakes26 August 2023 at 10:39

    Belated birthday greetings to the mister. Perfect way to celebrate, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, he's one year older than my hubby, his birthday on in a week. Like your hubby he's full of life, but after the recent decorating days, he did admit to feeling his age, starting with his knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is 75 and falls asleep in his chair, as well...I often think back on the days where we ran all day and stayed up til 10, got up and did it all over again. Now it's the small pleasures of eating out and afternoon naps. I still can't do naps...maybe when I'm older? no clue...
    Happy Birthday to your Mr FF! Lemon curd?? Yummmmm!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to Mr FF! His birthday lunch sounded just perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete