Saturday 25 February 2023

Stop Looking

You might hope that having downsized over the last eight years and having to contain our worldly goods in a top floor apartment we would be pretty organised by now.  Think again.  I have spent hours searching for a Liberty silk scarf MrFF bought me many years ago.  I knew I’d seen it here in the penthouse but despite checking all the cupboards and drawers several times I just couldn’t find it.  I had another search today, everything out of everywhere yet again.  I did find the leather glove that matches the one I thought was in the hall cupboard but it’s not there so I still have just a single glove.  

After checking unlikely places like the shoe box and many handbags I gave up, I’d even been through my wardrobe in case I put it on a hanger.  Then the old memory kicked in and I remembered I have one those special scarf hangers, like a coat hanger but with holes to loop scarves through.

Yes the Liberty square was there as was a lovely Givency silk one my Mum brought me back from Paris more than 40 years ago.

I am so happy to be reunited with these two items, the search for the glove can wait.

4 comments:

  1. I lost a key and decided I hadd ropped it somewhere months ago - yesterday I put on my red coat. Guess what was in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you but I always think I am going senile when I can't find something. I lost my cell phone and searched for days (even tried calling it) and it was in a coat pocket. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh that's where I put it!" is an oft heard phrase in this house.

    ReplyDelete