Monday 12 December 2022

Christmas countdown

Obviously we haven’t put up our Christmas decorations yet, it’s only the 12 December so they are still in the loft.  However we have done our present exchange as my brother and his wife were able to come over at the weekend.  It was fairly short notice for us all but fortunately I had decided the day before we arranged this to tackle the present wrapping and with a few last minute purchases we were ready.  


It’s so nice to have all these parcels in our hall, a neighbour called in and said it looked lovely that I shall leave them there.

My sister in law made for beautiful festive arrangement for us, it’s on the hall console.  They also brought us 

pink hyacinths 



and a white amaryllis in a decorated glass vase.  Already we look so festive, by my standards, there can’t be much more to do.

It’s unlike me to be so organised, just the usual exchange of gifts to the value of £5 between MrFF and I.  That’s proving this year to be quite a challenge given the rising cost of living, we thought about upping the budget but decided not to break with tradition. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the hyacinth bulbs coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have gone for major Christmas bling this year. We have been completely frazzled for one reason or another the last few Christmases so this year we are well and truly twinkled up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self, need to get Christmas shopping and decorations underway - thanks for the reminder 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing what you manage to buy Mr FF this year!

    ReplyDelete