Saturday 9 November 2019

Done

That’s it for another year.  Mr FF has finished walling the vegetable garden, no escape next year for the tomatoes and hopefully no access for the porcupine once the netting is in place, yes of course he’s made provision for fence posts.   His work is done.


We had several days of torrential rain that kept us indoors, more is forecast soon and we decided it was time to leave.  Of course the weather picked up again once we were set on home but really it’s time to go, winter is coming.
I’ve been moving my terrace pots, planting some of the contents in the garden, hoping others might survive the winter in a sheltered spot.  I’ve collected up the solar lights to put in the cellar though hoping for a final dazzling display as they wait in a bucket on the terrace.

I’ve sorted my homeward travel knitting, made a list of things I need to bring out next year, the arrangements are all going well but my goodness it’s depressing.   Let’s not think about cats and goodbyes and several days of travel, let’s be grateful for a wonderful summer, a beautiful home and happy hot exhausting days, it’s been perfect.

2 comments:

  1. As you say, it's been a long hot summer and now winter cometh so you must leave
    You must be nearly home by now.
    I hear Winter will be waiting for you when you arrive home - enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be home by now, I hope the journey went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete