Friday 23 August 2019

Garden

Me and the garden have been a bit frazzled of late, the heat has continued and it’s been impossible to work outside without being attacked by mosquitoes.  Collecting the copious crop of tomatoes is painful, I rather fancy one of those full cover bee keepers outfits to protect me.
One of my current favourite plants is a white datura I grew from seed.  Strangely it flowers overnight, opening up at the end of the day and throwing out a heady perfume that attracts a frenzy of bees before the sun goes down.  The flowers which almost glow in the dark last for only 24 hours but there are always more.  All parts of the plant are poisonous possibly why it has the the name devils trumpets.  Here it is together with a few other garden glimpses.



2 comments:

  1. It really looks a delightful garden. I love datura - the restaurant where we eat each Sunday has several in very large pots by the entrance. They attract a lot of admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you with those mossies - clearly you're not eating enough garlic to put them off!

    ReplyDelete