Friday 16 November 2007

Make a Wish

As I type the Christmas cake is slowly baking in the oven and whilst I am still not adjusted time or temperature wise to being back home (it was snowing when I drove home from work on Monday), it makes me happy to know that tonight when the cake has cooked about 4 hours I can pack it away into a cool dark place and let it mature until 25 December.
And that's all I need to do because I don't ice the cake, we both prefer our Christmas cake eaten with a piece of Wensleydale cheese in the proper Yorkshire way. We do usually make a wish whilst stirring the mixture but today Mr FF was out and I forgot, hope its not too late to add one now.

1 comment:

  1. Your pudding is making my mouth water. Really! I can almost smell the ingredients!

    You have inspired me to go (and try) and bake... something.

    *heads to the kitchen cupboard to ponder the possibilities*.

    xx

    ReplyDelete