Monday 1 October 2007

Happy Birthday Amy

It was Amy's birthday yesterday but we celebrated at work today. Joanna made a delicious chocolate cake topped with Maltesers and we'd bought Amy a hand painted mug from Hannah McAndrew. I offered her a choice of socks but she couldn't decide which she preferred so in a moment of generosity I gave her both, which will in fact make 3 pairs in total because she can always wear them this way (and have an identical set spare).

I only finished the ones on the right last night and discovered when grafting the toe that I'd made a mistake in the final shaping. I need to pull the last bit out tonight and reknit, only perfection will do. We went down to the Lakes on Saturday and I was knitting in the car but forgot to take my stitch markers. I improvised with a piece of plastic I found in my bag, which didn't work so gave up on knitting, but one of the home made markers came out and I lost the plot.

On the way down we called in at The Alpaca Centre near Penrith and I bought myself 2 balls of pale blue pure alpaca to knit socks for ME - I really deserve them just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment