Friday 28 September 2007

When life gives you lemons

And it has been non-stop lemons since my last blog. There has been shock, sadness, anger, frustration, its been a difficult week in both my personal and work life. Mr FF cancelled his cycling trip to Ireland to be here for the funeral of a friend who died suddenly, which put many things into their correct perspective. I was glad to have him at home even if it set back my knitting schedule.


We had Pam and Andrew round for dinner and I made Limoncello syllabub with crushed Amaretti biscuits. Lovely Limoncello from Sorrento, which I'm told is the very best. Lemon puddings are my favourite, I know that makes me not a proper woman because I don't crave chocolate, but I much prefer a sharp lemon tart, lemon anything really. I have a beautiful reamer that was a gift from my friend Sarah in Australia many years ago. I laughed when I opened the parcel and first saw it and I still laugh every time I take it out to use it, which speaks volumes about my sense of humour, but at least I'm managing to maintain one.

No comments:

Post a Comment