Monday 5 December 2011

Welcome home

Phew. That journey home was exhausting and our time back in Scotland has been hectic. We left Lazio on the Sunday, had an overnight near Genoa that was brilliant and included a delicious meal with our hosts, their family and friends that in true Italian style was full of conversation and laughter. After a long drive we had a night in Reims, two nights with my brother in Yorkshire and got back to Scotland on Thursday.
Saturday we were at Joanne's wedding, a gorgeous event and a long overdue get together with my old work colleagues. Yesterday I had a stall at a local craft market which was a great success though the hall was baltic as the doors were kept open to encourage the punters in.
Today I am hoping to return to some sort of normality, domestic duties, knitting and of course a bit more regular blogging. It must be a sign of old age that I don't bounce back so well but there is nothing planned for a while and looking out of the window we won't be venturing far. Lazio seems a long way off, we are missing our Italian outdoor lifestyle and wondering when we will return.

8 comments:

  1. The snow must be a shock to the system after your stay in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! The bride looks gorgeous if a little chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Welcome back. Rather a shock to the system I shoud imagine, after the warmt of Italy. Hope you have a restful return to domestic 'bliss'.... and knitting!!!Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that snow I don't blame you for loving beaches and gelato. Still...I hope we get some snow, atleast on xmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, snow already, at least I can tell you that the sunshine you enjoyed while you were here has now gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...and the "bounce back thing" has hit me, too. Must be our fleeting youth! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live in Lazio and must one day try driving to the UK! Well, actually, I'd drive to the border and stash the car somewhere because driving on the left might cause me to have an accident. I guess that's why we always fly...to someplace with decent public transportation. Thanks for your blog...and inspiring me to once again start knitting socks! Yours are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete