Thursday 29 December 2011

Santa's been


I hope your Christmas was good and you are still relaxing and relishing all your gifts. You are probably wondering how Mr FF and I fared this year with our £5 Christmas stocking scheme. Well, I was hopeless, we were in Italy, when we came home the weather was awful and then I got listless so I really didn't find much for him. His selection included some sock yarn that I was given so that didn't eat into the £5, I just never got round to knitting the socks but Mr FF got the idea when he unwrapped that parcel, some chocolate and a jar of locally made Indian chutney. As I said I'd gone a bit listless. Mr FF on the other hand did really well, here's what I receivedFirstly this lovely little Filofax mini, which he intended to label my iPad2 knowing my feelings about that gadget and my love of tangible paper items. It's so pretty, Italian leather, with pockets and places,I've already ordered a diary and address pages to pop in.

This very pretty silver plated toast rack, I love toast racks and already have quiet a few, this one is so sweet, perfect for a lady enjoying a light breakfast.
A pair of silver (coloured) candle holders, I don't have any square candles but managed to force these in for demonstration purposes.
Finally four charity shop books, which I actually had a hand in selecting, 4 for them all, splendid value. I couldn't be happier with my gifts and since I underspent on Mr FF and get the yarn back to knit his socks I'm a winner all round.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a 'win, win'; some lovely presents! Hope 2012 is happy, healthy and peaceful! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mr FF came up trumps didn't he?! Great gifts. I have the twin sister of your Filofax! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Filofax and candle holders. I've read 'Narrow Dog to Carcassone', it's a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you do well? Love that Filofax (I have a larger version and wouldn't be without it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mister could have himself a second career as a personal shopper if he wanted to, cheapskates a specialty!! I don't own a toast rack but that's because I scoff mine the second its out of the toaster and buttered, can't stand cold toast! Hope Mr FF loves his new socks when you present them to him, and talking of socks, I have at least managed to master the dpns finally (well, sort of!), but I swear to God it looks like I'm knitting the socks inside out!! I'll give it a bit longer and see what happens! Have a wonderul 2012 and I hope you get to spend some quality time in sunny Italy.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with your husband's retail ability. A Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your husband a very Happy New Year Jenny!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such goodies... LOVE the pink Filofax mini, Jenny! I have pink leather wallet and just love taking it out of my handbag every time--the color cheers. I'm a paper girl too. I wish I could go a bit more paper, less, being something of a tree-hugger...so ironic that... LOL!Great to be back in blogland after two weeks away at Christmas and catch up with you here. Wishing you all the very best in 2012! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete