Monday 6 June 2011

Knitting now

I haven't blogged about my knitting lately, not because I haven't been doing any I've done lots but it's all a bit samey. I have a stall at a craft fair on Saturday, this is part of a local music festival and a bit of a new venture for me as previously I've only sold at our village market. This coming fair seems a bit more serious, for a start it's a much longer event, practically all day, apart from Lesley of Silver Raindrops Jewellery I won't know anyone and I'm not convinced June is the best time for selling socks.Here's my bag of items ready to go. As well as lots of plain socks in various sizes and colours I also have a few scarves and I've made a variety of fingerless gloves simply because I was asked for these at my last sale. These are my own invention, simply a tube of 64 stitches, with a small thumb. I'll make a few more pairs before the weekend and that's me ready for business. As I said it's all a bit dull but once the sale is over I have a new baby to knit for, a blanket to make for the village show and the socks I'm wearing today have developed a hole but I hope there might be a pair left over for me on Saturday.

9 comments:

  1. Perhaps it will turn unseasonably chilly and you will sell loads of socks and mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the sale goes well - you will have plenty to knit once it's over by the sound of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sale items. What pretty yarn the fingerless mitts are made from! Hope it all goes well. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first self-patterning socks I knitted are the same as the pair at the top of the photo!
    Good luck with the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime I could purchase items a beautifully done as these would be a good time, I think! Love the fingerless gloves... my granddaughter would be thrilled with them. I looked in store after store at Christmas time as they were on her "list"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there's snow on top of Snowdon today! Good luck with the sale.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey, you have been productive! Hope you have a good day at the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fingerless gloves. I have several pairs and love the things........

    ReplyDelete
  9. What price did you sell the socks for? Did they go well? Did people willingly pay the money?

    ReplyDelete