Wednesday 4 June 2008

My social whirl

Blogs have been a bit thin on the ground recently so here's an epiphyllum from the greenhouse to bring a big splash of colour and mark my return. Cleo has been a big priority of course but we've also had a busy social time with every weekend occupied for the past month or so. We just had more friends to stay, this time from Italy for a long weekend so the garden and the knitting have also been somewhat neglected. Its typical that we don't have social engagements for weeks then they all come at once. This Saturday we have a real VIP (very important Phoebe) visitor with her Mum and Dad. They are all calling in for lunch on their way up north and I can't wait to meet the little sweetheart at last.
Cleo continues to do well, recently dining on smoked salmon and double cream (benefits of all the entertaining we've been doing), with the odd tin of Whiskas for balance. She would like me to mention that she caught a mouse last week, came limping down the garden with it in her mouth and proceeded to eat it. The tension thats been a knot in my stomach since we first had the bad news has eased and I'm so glad we've been able to come to terms with things and have such quality time with her, though I am still dreading the final goodbye.
Amanda is back at work tomorrow so we can have some intensive post wedding discussion and hear about her honeymoon in Cuba, my friend Pam is back from 3 weeks holiday in France and yoga class starts again on Friday. Be nice to get back to a routine and to my domestic and crafting duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment