Sunday 23 September 2007

Knitting Update

I've caught up with my various works in progress this week and finished a few items.
The cotton baby blanket looks very nice and only took 2 x 100g balls of 4 ply. 143 stitches and 12 rows to the pattern, it was a pleasure to knit something that didn't involve shaping or too much concentration.
The first pair of Opal Crazy socks, started in Italy, finished in Scotland, was presented to my friend Pam as a love gift (ie a no strings attached just because you're you) on Friday. Please note that I managed to get the start point of the wool correct for each one and produce a matching pair.
One Tidal Wave sock, knitted in the ebay Opal, is complete, the other is at the toe shaping stage so should be finished tonight. Then I need to start another pair of Crazy socks but I'm planning a lot of knitting and quiet nights in with Cleo later this week as Mr Flip Flops is off for an adventure with his bicycle.

Finally and sadly the little wool shop near my office, which was owned and run by a lady in her 80s, is closing down because of her ill health. It has been open intermittently this last week and selling off stock with a 25% reduction, causing big queues and an increase in my own stash. The shop was always piled high with packs of yarn, sometimes it spilt out into the doorway, but amazingly the lady could quickly locate what you needed and was very knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone in the friendly queue spoke kindly of her and how much she will be missed, I'm sure we all wish her well.

1 comment:

  1. hey!

    I hope you are well and had a good week. I've managed to get on the internet at Mr Germ's parents. Woo! I'm so glad I did as your blog is such pleasure to read. I've had a such nice week toodling about (walking the dogs, feeding the sheep, stopping for tea and cake and knitting!), but it has all been tinged we the fear of it being over too quickly. Reading your blog reminds me that it's about making the time to do nice things every day - not just living for my next holiday / weekend at your house!

    See you on Monday armed with my knitting, cake and photos!

    germintrude xx

    ReplyDelete