Saturday 10 February 2024

It did snow, it did stretch

It was snowing when we got up on Thursday and it continued all day, when I drew the curtains that evening the snow was quite deep.

MrFF walked down the hill with me to the opticians, I wished I’d taken a hat and finger rather than fingerless gloves but my new chunky boots kept me upright.  The optician said my eye had healed well after the incident in Italy and I didn’t need to change my glasses.  On the way back we treated ourselves to fat rascals from Betty’s our lovely tea rooms, which was busy despite the weather.

After my charity cardigan dried the sleeves were definitely longer and less tight, the body however didn’t seem much bigger.  I rinsed out the conditioner and put it to dry flat again, giving it another stretch.  Now the process is complete the cardigan is definitely expanded, softer and feels much less felted.  I had no idea that a item damaged in the wash could be rejuvenated or that wool which we consider quite a delicate fibre is strong enough to be manipulated into shape, never too old to learn.



2 comments:

  1. It's a lesson I learnt many years ago, I ruined an expensive wool jumper, my mum showed me how to revive it, wool is very tough, just doesn't like hot water. Glad your eye is OK, only relentless rain down south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're better! Once wet...wool can be manipulated easily. I just never buy it...lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete