Tuesday 6 June 2023

And another happy day

Getting to the stage of restoring the balcony tiles has been stressful with much head shaking and tutting from our appointed contractor and spasmodic periods of work putting down extra screed often halted by heavy rain.  

Now we are on a roll.  Today three workers arrived at 7.30 am, measured a lot, shouted a lot, disagreed with MrFF a lot which is normal here and started laying the tiles.  They’ve worked till mid day and look at the progress.  


The men are having beer and sandwiches in the garden, they deserve that.  I am hoping they will continue working this afternoon if it’s not too hot.  I am also hoping they will finish this week as I am already looking forward to having our table and chairs back on the balcony and the place to ourselves.  Mr perfectionist FF isn’t so happy that they didn’t start in the centre of the terrace and work out or take any notice of his carefully prepared plan, there is a tiny sliver of infill tiles down one edge and it’s the more visible edge.  I am easily pleased and can ignore that.  The darker tiles are the new ones and will form a central oblong, they at least seem to be in the right place.

Grigio has been busy as usual, she just gets on with the job. 

2 comments:

  1. Your last sentence and photo brought a sad smile to my face. I had my telephone point changed and when they had finished there was a bit of concreting to do. My dear old Tess walked across it just as they finished. Her paw prints are all I have left of her now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Grigio, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete