Thursday 18 September 2014

Packing dot com

It has started, the packing boxes arrived yesterday and so far I have been surprised by how little goes in each box and how much we have.  I am trying to keep to a reasonable weight, the removers may be strong but if we have to shift boxes ourselves later we want to avoid another hernia.  Who would have thought paperbacks were so heavy or that I had so many, I have been parring down but still.  I've found that half a box of books topped up with yarn works quite well, as does simply labelling the box 'books'.

As usual the cartons have been used several times, arrived flat and have to be reassembled with brown tape, that bit at least feels productive against my constant dithering about what to tackle next. Having already been impressed by the number of boxes that had previously been used for cleaning materials I was very amused to read this contents description.  

Actually looking at my stash of lotions and potions I have an extensive collection of non urgent ones myself.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the packing, it is amazing how those box mountains can grow. Flo had great fun climbing all over ours. Make sure you find a little time to relax each day. And don't pack Mr FF by mistake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the packing. you have your priorities right - books and yarn together and packed first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many non-urgent toiletries I could start a non-urgent toiletry shop. In fact I am decidedly non-urgent myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only we lived nearer I would have done some packing for you - we have moved so often, I can pack with my eyes closed, one arm tied behind my back etc! The first time we moved, the company Malcolm was going to work for paid for Pickfords to come in and pack everything. Being the inquisitive type, I watched carefully and learned how to do it in the future. When we came home from Indonesia, the packers fashioned made-to-measure boxes - it was amazing to watch them work! As for toiletries - mine would just have gone in a box marked bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the move, wherever/whenever it may be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EErrrgghhh! I don't envy you! Good luck though and hope it all goes smoothly! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary time packing up. I'd need more than a few boxes I can tell you, though I'm really not sure that I have any non-urgent toiletries, tbh, I'm not sure I'd know one if it jumped up and slapped me in the face! Hope you've got a calming sock knitting project on the needles, you might need it!

    ReplyDelete