Monday 27 May 2013

Scary weekend

Some husbands might plan a weekend away or something special for the bank holiday weekend, not Mr FF he arranged to hire a conservatory ladder and has spent two days working on the ridge above the glass roof. The ladder goes up the side of the structure and then lies along the glass, the husband sort of leans along the ladder to reach the top of the roof.
 
Mr FF is a qualified structural engineer, he knows about health and safety, loadings and stress (except mine), he even hired props to put inside the conservatory as extra support to the roof while he was working, but I really didn't like it.   He had to drill and rivet and silicone, I spent my weekend holding the ladder and passing up various pieces of equipment in a plastic bag that he hooked up using a long piece of wood with a nail on the end.   Basically I had to hang around being available, I couldn't even hide away in darkened room and pretend it wasn't happening.
Anyway its all done now, repairs have been made and the equipment is going back on Tuesday, huge sigh of relief, I hope I never have to see it again.  Meantime the Scottish garden is looking lovely in a springlike way, lets concentrate on that and be glad my anxiety is diminishing.



5 comments:

  1. Blimey, Mr FF likes living life on the edge, doesn't he? Hope your blood pressure is back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! I don't think I would have been able to watch! Glad Mr FF is now on terra firma and you can enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord, I'd have been exactly the same - that looks horribly scary! Brave man, that Mr FF!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lord!!! Thank goodness all went well. Oh.... the garden is looking lovely! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never accuse your lad of being lazy or lacking in motivation! There's something to be said for that. I hope the pretty garden has worked its charms and calmed your nerves. Let's hope the conservatory doesn't need fixing again, and I hope this weekend is less stressful!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete