- Restlessness, well maybe not so much of that in fact I am in danger of permanently dinting the sofa, need to move to the other side for a while
- Irritability, yes plenty of that but nothing unusual
- Forgetfulness, again I've had that for ages
- Laughter, Mr FF complains that I laugh at anything and I do
- Excessive sleeping, always in the morning but in this cold spell I've been sleeping so well, cosy with the duvet pulled up over my ears and an extra wool blanket on top
- An urge to go outside even in the snow and dark, actually none of that whatsoever
The worst should pass now because we managed to get out yesterday and stocked up on fresh fruit and veg plus a few essentials that will keep us going for a while. It took three attempts to get the car out of our road, a good application of ash from our stove fixed the worst bits and we were off. The main road into Edinburgh was fairly clear with huge heaps of snow stacked at the sides and the temperature dropped to minus 14 in places. The shops were quiet with a slightly limited selection of stock, damp floors and hunched up people, not a life enhancing experience. The postie hasn't been for 4 days now, the bin men haven't collected for 3 weeks, and no sign of a let up in the weather. Never have flip flops days seem so distant. Keep warm and safe.