Monday 17 January 2022

Earring update

Back here I posted about my earring collection built up over the last 55 years and I showed you the silver Georg Jensen pair I bought in Ilkley.  After Christmas the jewellers had another pair of smaller chunkier silver hoops in the sale, with a very good reduction.  I have been back regularly to stand at the window and stare   I rather wish someone will buy them so I can stop torturing myself, yes I can afford them but I don’t need them is my mantra.

I thought I preferred hoops, I have a lot, but now I am liking simple studs.  I acquired 12 more pairs from the advent calendar MrFF bought me for Christmas. They were a pain to store, tiny and always mixed up, so I went online for a storage solution.  Here it is

The perspex stand cost less than £2, it took some time to pair and fix them all but my goodness I can at a glance make my choice for the day, it will be easy to transport to Italy and best of all it’s a visible reminder that I do not need any more earrings even if there is space for a few more pairs.  Won’t stop me looking in the jewellers window though, I may be there tomorrow.  

6 comments:

  1. Sadly although I have many pairs of earrings the farmer bought me over the years my hands shake too much now to get them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost never change my earnings, I wear 2 pairs which match my pendants, yes I wear 2 of them on one change. I have a lovely emerald ring, with a stone missing, I have the stone, I must get it fixed, it will feel like a new ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice earring collection. My favorite earring is a single pearl with a diamond. I wear this all the time because it looks good with everything: jeans, dress, bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m such a coward, I never did get my ears pierced and when I never found a pair of clip ons that were comfortable gave up wearing earrings in my mid-twenties. It still doesn’t stop me staring into jewellers’ windows admiring them though !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What has need got to do with buying earrings?!
    I'm having trouble handling small earrings and sometimes have to scrabble on the floor to find the bit that I've dropped. I do like your large pearl ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been wearing earrings since becoming unwell - I think the holes have closed up! That is a very good way of storing your earrings - it used to take me ages to find a matching pair as they are all in a box together!

    ReplyDelete