Sunday, 26 April 2015

My fetish for fragrance

I am having a bit of a fragranced candle fest at the moment.  I like to light a candle every day in the apartment, usually late afternoon and often when I am cooking, but my stock has rather built up thanks to a few offers and gifts.
Vetivert is one of my favourite scents, this candle from John Lewis was a Christmas gift that I never want to end.  The smell is delicious and I like the simple labelling on the jar.
On the right is a beefayre candle that I bought myself, they use natural wax, a percentage from each sale is paid towards bee conservation and the jar is so pretty and reusable.  The scent is B Happy a mix of orange and jasmine that actually doesn't smell very strong when its burning so is a little disappointing. The Neom organic candle, Happiness a mix of white neroli, mimosa and lemon was a moving in gift from the estate agents when we bought our apartment.  I'd been wanting to try these candles for a while, the head office of the company is not so far away in Harrogate and the co founder is a Yorkshire lass.   There was also a selection of Ilkley beers and a nice glass in the agents' gift pack so Mr FF was happy and it was pleasing that they had shopped locally.
These two were half price at Waitrose, at only £2.50 each a bargain.  They are a good size, each has 35 hours burn time, smell great, particularly the fruity one though vanilla is always a favourite with me and I like the reusable coloured jars.
I've had quite a few Lily Flame candles in tins, this one was a gift a while back and is almost finished, the label suggests 30 to 35 hours burn time.  Such a pretty tin it's currently sitting in our bedroom, though I never light it at bed time in case I fall asleep.  It has a very heady scent that you notice even when its not lit, in fact I have only been burning it for short periods of time because it is so intense and I may just keep the dregs to perfume the room.  
And finally my latest purchase from my local Clintons Cards, they have a surprisingly large stock of candles including Yankee.  These double wick jars are currently half price at £6 for 50 hours burn time and they are excellent, burning evenly with a good perfume.  Pomegranate and pineapple is as you would expect fresh and fruity, a good scent for springtime,  I am tempted to go back and try a few more while they are reduced if only I can find the space.

4 comments:

  1. Can understand the scented candle love as I, too, have them lit every day. Treated myself to a White Company Seasalt one whilst in Harrogate recently. Glorious! Have you tried scented wax tarts? They melt over a tea light in a little burner which I like to use (pretty much constantly) in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lily Flame candles - amazing depth of scent for the price. Bought a couple of Village Candles double wick jars recently - not very impressed with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love candles too, we bought some really lovely ones from Skye a couple of years ago and they lasted very well. I will keep a look out for the Waitrose ones when I next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love candles! The Lily Flame candles are amazing. They smell great and scant a room even without lighting them!!!! :-) Rosx

    ReplyDelete