Thursday 21 April 2011

Taking pictures

Our friend Shelagh, an artist and more importantly one half of the parentage of Peaches the adorable cat, has a photo journal here on Blipfoto.com. This Edinburgh based website allows members to publish one photograph per day, the image must have been taken on the day it is uploaded. I have the site on my favourites and check it regularly. If you click on the logo top right it will take you to the index, roll over the pictures and they suddenly come to life, click on them to enlarge. You are free to browse all the entries though I think you have to sign up to be able to comment. Shelagh called round recently to show me the blipcards she's had made through the site, lots of her wonderful photographs reproduced business card size with her web address and contact details on the reverse, all packed into a beautiful black box. We had them all spread out on the kitchen worktop accompanied by many oohs and aahs and I was generously offered three to keep. What a decision, I eventually went for these three garden themed ones as they remind me of our lovely visits to feed Peaches up at the cottage. I'm quite jealous of the cards and fantasising now about having my own showing various pairs of socks or even my stash of sock yarn, there would certainly be plenty of variations. Shelagh was busy planning who would get which of her cards, one for the person who'd given her the tin that features, one for the person who loves the mahjong tiles, but I'd probably keep my sock cards in the box and during quiet moments take them out like a miser counting his gold.

9 comments:

  1. I love the last line...so funny! :) That might make you the Silas Marner of Sock-dom! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea - you could make some lovely cards of all your socks, but you'd have to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards - socks sound a good idea!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I'd go with the sock cards. Lots more orders = more yarny purchases ;-) Have a lovely weekend. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards!If you had a set of all your socks, it would be a great way of keeping a record of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!

    And if we had photo's of all our sock yarn we could play Snap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful idea for business cards! They can be so boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely choice you made, and thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go on, turn the fantasy into reality. Then you can show your cards to us.

    ReplyDelete