Saturday 11 September 2010

Knitting now

A month has passed during which the additions to the yarn stash have exceeded the deductions once again. I've made a few pairs of socks and I a hat for my market stall next Saturday plus these for Mr FF's birthday which was towards the end of August but I've just got round to telling you.
The pattern is Jules by Kate and I admit I stole the idea of knitting them from Snoopydog. I used a Regia yarn, the pattern and colours gave the effect of knitting tartan which was very pleasing and look how well they match his new birthday slippers.
Meantime quite a lot of girly shades of yarn have arrived and I suddenly find I need to get knitting for my great niece Amelia's first birthday at the end of October and also for the new daughter of a friend, that's three little garments I plan to produce. Quite feasible for a retired woman you might think but we are off to Italy next Sunday for two weeks and I prefer to take sock knitting in my carry on luggage rather than risk having anything too precious ripped off my needles at the airport. Luckily the weather forecast for the coming week is dire so I won't be in the garden, I may be in front of the stove watching daytime television with my needles smouldering.

14 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I learned to knit, but never did it well. You are quite talented and must be quite persuasive to get you husband to model his gift...unless you snapped the pic on the sly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yesterday my daughter was asking me if i knew anyone who knitted their own socks. i must show this to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never attempted socks but I do think I should give them a go!
    Lovely yarn...
    Good luck with your stall hunny
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely socks! The tartan effect is fab! You do need yarn to choose from whist away, so get it packed! Mr JK (who chooses not to get involved in holiday packing) was convinced that one of the cases we took to Greece last month was full of wool! It wasn't (well, not quite anyway), but I always like to have some choice of what to knit next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look great! Though they make me feel guilty because I still need to knit another pair for Mr B after he wore out the originals... :-D

    And you wouldn't have a stash if you didn't have any yarn in it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another perfect pair of socks, beautifully modelled by Mr FF if I may so so. Good luck with the stall and holiday packing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks look great! Lovely yarn and perfect with the new Birthday slippers. Those yarns look delicious. How could you bear to leave them behind. Have a great time in Italy! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours of the yarns are so perfect for little girls. Just lovely.

    I hope you have a more relaxing time in Italy this time. No hassles I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful socks.........I have yet to knit a patterned pair of socks, all my socks have been knitted with self patterning yarn......must give it a try. Lovely blog, florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL socks, Jenny! And that yarn stash will be for happy makings during the autumn days ahead... can't wait to see what you do with all that. Keep those needles smokin'! ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really beautiful - I would love to be able to knit socks. Have a lovley time in Italy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, I do so wish I could knit something other than dishcloths! I hope there's time for R & R in Italy this time!!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope you have a more relaxing time abroad this time.... and plenty of time to knit! Lovely socks on that man of yours. :O)

    ReplyDelete