A while ago I made this felted tea cozy, it was enormous when I first knit it and though it felted up quite nicely it was still large.
I decided the other day it would be useful to knit another to take out to Italy, the land of teapot shortages and so no need to stock cozies. I couldn't for the life of me remember where my original pattern came from so I winged it, casting on 150 stitches and starting to decrease them after a while using up a fair amount of stash wool in the process. I put the old and new cosies into the washer together with the bathmat and gave them all a 90 degree boil up. Excellent, the original cozy shrunk some more and is no longer of industrial size and the second one is just right. A new teapot and the Yorkshire Tea are packed so that's a good start to the preparations for our epic journey.No need to guess what I shall be doing this weekend, it involves cases, crates, boxes and bubble wrap.