Thursday 6 November 2008

Chez Nous

I need to tell you how much I loved our holiday rental house in France. I knew from the website that it was my kind of place but the reality was so much more. Basically it was an old country house and barn that had been cleverly linked by a new extension.


There was lot of outdoor space including a swimming pool that used a very energy efficient heat exchanger so even on cold days the temperature was fine.


The interiors were dreamy, lots of white, cream and beige that created an atmosphere of calm with beautiful furniture, rugs, cushions and throws.

The kitchen was quite small but worked so efficiently, huge SMEG cooker, dishwasher and lots of white crockery.
Glorious old wash stand in the bathroom, so useful for all my lotions and potions, with a copper bowl insert
Pretty accessories.

I was so happy in that house, it makes me want to downsize and start again. Of course I won't, living the holiday life for 11 days isn't the same as living a normal life and I won't part with the mix of items I've accumulated over 38 years of marriage, but I do have aspirations to live with less, lets call it natural wastage.

No comments:

Post a Comment