Monday, 30 August 2010
Friday, 27 August 2010
Monday, 23 August 2010
I put in 3 tomatoes, which though I thought looked really beautiful didn't win anything. They probably weren't even considered as they didn't have stalks, one had dropped off before the show so I made them all the same, there are strict rules about these things I know. Mr FF said I should have pointed out that they were the organic Italian stalkless variety, they were indeed grown from seed I brought home with me. I also put in a pair of socks and the necklace I made a while ago, the socks got a first prize and won me 30p the necklace a third and 10pPam had been up to pick flowers from my garden for her entries, and managed to borrow my cup and saucer for the arrangement in a tea cup, she did really well with two first prizes.I'm wondering if there shouldn't be a special class next year for flowers from Jen's garden arranged in one of Jen's cups as well as for the stalkless tomatoes.
Thursday, 19 August 2010
Monday, 16 August 2010
- it would be too heavy to carry in a rucksack - I wasn't intending to do a long hike and then pitch up in the middle of nowhere, I want to camp in the garden
- it was a four man tent and probably too big - see 1 above, a 4 man was cheaper than a 2 man and I like space
- if I wanted to camp on a ledge the tent was rather high and exposed, it might not be stable - see 1 above, our garden is flat in places with no exposed ledges
- it would take up space to store - we are currently storing masses of things we never use, like a chest of drawers we've had probably 35+ years and not used for the past 20, the drawers don't open, its empty, its taking much more space than a dismantled tent ever would
- I wouldn't be able to stand up in the tent - I don't want to stand up I just want to sleep in it as I may have mentioned
By this time I got the message that he definitely didn't want me to have a tent and (sulkily I admit) I said OK forget it. We drove home in silence while I thought over the whole disheartening episode. I'm 61, I don't need any ones permission to spend £20, I wanted a tent not a 60" plasma tv, not a ludicrously expensive designer handbag, not a sports car, just a cheap tent. When we got home I told him how disappointed I was and eventually that evening I went on line and reserved the tent from the shop, Mr FF is to collect it later today when he goes into town for a meeting. Maybe I won't ever use it, maybe I'll use it once and hate it but surely better to try and fail. I hope I never tread on anyone's dreams and that in future I fulfill my own without having to justify them.
HAD I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Saturday, 7 August 2010
Tuesday, 3 August 2010
Joke, greetings also to Jenny that she must work in a beautiful country.. for you!!!!
Many Greetings from Angelo and Francesca
P.S. Next mounth we'll be in Normandia and Bretagna and Svizzera and Parigi for Holiday!